Dr. Jeff Man
Attending physician, Toronto Western Hospital
Department of Medicine, University Health Network
Jeff completed medical school at the University of Alberta and completed residency training in Internal Medicine, Respirology, and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Toronto. He is currently enrolled in the PhD program at the Institute of Medical Science in the laboratory of Dr. Philip A. Marsden. He has an interest in epigenetics and endothelial gene regulation. He is funded by the CIHR Training Program in Regenerative Medicine and is in the Clinician Scientist Training Program at the University of Toronto.
Area of academic focus
Epigenetic gene regulation of the endothelium.
Honours and Awards
2014: Poster Award, Basic Science YIF, Canadian Society for Clinical Investigation/Clinician-Investigator Trainee Association of Canada
2012: Poster Award, Basic Science, Critical Care Canada Forum, Toronto, Ontario
2012: Research Award, Basic Science, Critical Care Medicine Research Day, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
2012: Academic Development Award, Alan Wu Poster Competition, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Link to PubMed
Most Significant Publications
- Man HS, Yan MS, Lee JJ, Marsden PA. Epigenetic Determinants of Cardiovascular Gene Expression: Vascular Endothelium. Epigenomics. 2016 Jul;8(7):959-79.
- Nayyar D, Man HS, Granton J, Lilly LB, Gupta S. Proposed management algorithm for severe hypoxemia after liver transplantation in the hepatopulmonary syndrome. Am J Transplant. 2015 Apr;15(4):903-13
- Nayyar D, Man HS, Granton J, Gupta S. Defining and characterizing severe hypoxemia after liver transplantation in hepatopulmonary syndrome. Liver Transpl. 2014 Feb;20(2):182-90.
- Ho JJ, Robb GB, Tai SC, Turgeon PJ, Mawji IA, Man HS, Marsden PA. Active stabilization of the human eNOS mRNA by hnRNP E1 protects against antisense RNA and microRNAs. Mol Cell Biol. 2013 May;33(10):2029-46.
- Ho JJ, Metcalf JL, Yan MS, Turgeon PJ, Wang JJ, Chalsev M, Petruzziello-Pellegrini TN, Tsui AK, He JZ, Dhamko H, Man HS, Robb GB, Teh BT, Ohh M, Marsden PA. Functional importance of Dicer in the adaptive cellular response to hypoxia.. J Biol Chem. 2012 Aug 17;287(34):29003-20.
Tel: 1 (416) 603 5800 ext.2388