Fellowship Resources

Fellowship Resources


If you’ve been accepted and offered a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine at UHN/Mount Sinai – congratulations! As an international fellow with us, you are considered both a UHN hospital employee and a post graduate medical student at the University of Toronto. As such, your registration and work permit will be jointly facilitated by us and the university’s Post Graduate Medical Education Office (PGME). After signing a fellowship offer letter, the approval process to move to Toronto, Canada, practice medicine, and pursue your academic goals and research here begins.

PGME will contact you directly and provide you with instructions on how to proceed with registration. The timeline below summarizes the process and the different roles played by various organizations. As you can see, the process takes an average of six months from offer to arrival and start of a fellowship.


You will need a work permit for your clinical fellowship in Canada. Depending on your country of origin, you may also need a temporary resident visa. Please check on the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) site carefully to learn whether or not you’ll need a visa.

First, PGME will seek the necessary approvals in Canada for your temporary employment here as a clinical fellow. Once they have obtained these approvals, you will receive an offer of employment number and a letter of eligibility to submit to IRCC when you apply for the work permit. Additional information about the application process is available on the IRCC site including the location of the nearest IRCC Visa Office outside Canada for you.

You’ll also need a medical report from a Canadian Government approved physician. IRCC will send the required medical report form to you after receiving your application for the Work Permit. (You can not download it in advance.)


The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the governing body that regulates the practice of medicine in Ontario. Physicians are required to be members to practice medicine in Ontario. The role of CPSO and its authority and powers are set out by law. Your CPSO membership will be facilitated by PGME and finalized only after you arrive in Canada.


You will also require Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) membership for the duration of your clinical fellowship. The CMPA is an organization that protects the professional integrity of doctors by providing services including legal defense and advice. Membership cannot begin until the CPSO has issued your certificate of registration and you have both a Canadian address and Canadian bank account; however, you should still apply as soon as possible to speed up the processing of your membership.


This Orientation Booklet contains a wealth of useful information including the timeline (above) in preparation for your fellowship as well as information regarding life in Toronto. Securing and financing housing is a fellow’s individual responsibility; however, both booklets provide some helpful leads. We strongly recommend that you arrive in Toronto at least two weeks before the time of your expected start as some registration requirements can only be met once in Canada.

Other tasks you may wish to tackle ahead of time include arranging an observership, opening a bank account, and following the UHN/Mount Sinai Critical Care Medicine Fellowship on social media.

  • Observerships to familiarize new fellows with the hospital units prior to starting were halted due to the pandemic. Please contact UHN or Mount Sinai to see if arranging an observership is currently possible.
  • If you would like to open a Canadian bank account from home before arrival, one bank that offers this is HSBC (with their HSBC Premier account). Visit the HSBC website for more information.
  • Join the PGME Fellowship Forum on Facebook. You can connect with current and past fellows and share practical tips on finding an apartment, furniture, and more.
  • Follow @ICUFellowTo on Twitter to stay on top of the amazing research and clinical work our fellows undertake.



Once landed in Canada, you will receive your final work permit. Obtaining your work permit will allow you to finalize your registration with PGME and CPSO.

Read about the different steps for registration below. Note that steps 7 to 9 do not necessarily have to be done in the indicated order and step 12 can be done at any time once you’ve obtained your work permit; you can actually obtain your social insurance number (SIN) at the airport at the same time as your work permit.

You can read about all of these requirements, explained in more detail, directly on the PGME website.

Once you’ve obtained your work permit, scan it and send it via email to the CPSO at  inquiries@cpso.on.ca. This is a mandatory step in obtaining your license to practice medicine in Ontario.

Opening a Canadian bank account should be one of your first steps as the PGME and UHIP do not accept payment in cash, and you will need void cheques for payroll, the CMPA fee, and possibly rent.

TD Canada Trust Bank has a special package for fellows. Please bring your work permit and UHN/MSH fellowship offer letter to benefit from it. There is a TD Canada Trust branch located at 465 University Avenue across from the PGME office and near UHN.

If you prefer a different bank, many others are located in the vicinity (See page 32 of the orientation booklet.) Alternatively, you can also open a bank account from your home country before your arrival at HSBC.

The University Health Insurance Plan is arranged through PGME, located at 500 University Avenue, second floor. If going in person, also bring your work permit; PGME will send it to the CPSO (in case they have not processed it yet).

You’ll need to set up your temporary health insurance through the University of Toronto until you are eligible for universal health coverage provided by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). You should apply for the University Health Insurance Plan UHIP within 10 days of your arrival in Canada. UHIP will provide health coverage for your first three months until you are eligible for OHIP coverage. Note that processing an OHIP application with Service Ontario may take some time, so be sure to proceed with your application as soon as you are settled.

Update: Due to the Covid Pandemic, the Ontario Government has waived the three month waiting period to obtain OHIP coverage, so you may apply for OHIP immediately on arrival, and UHIP is not required. Visit Service Ontario for more information.

It will take the CPSO 1-2 days to process your registration and to provide you with your CPSO license number. You cannot work without this. Please call the CPSO at 416-967-2617 ext. 221 after 2 days to get your license number if you have not heard back from them. You can also contact them via email at inquiries@cpso.on.ca as the wait time on the phone can be quite long in June. (Expect longer wait times at the end of June as it is the busiest time of the year for them.)

CPSO will also send you a certificate of registration a few days later to confirm that you are registered. You do not need this certificate to start your fellowship.

The CMPA provides legal/professional insurance for health care professionals. You can initiate your registration with the CMPA beforehand; however, you will only be able to finalize the registration once you have your CPSO license and a Canadian bank account.

You can apply on the CMPA website, by mail, or by phone. Payment can be made in either 12 instalments or a single payment.

You can call the PGME or send them this information via email Postgrad.med@utoronto.ca. Also verify that your status is active on POWER.

When you log into your POWER account, the required modules and any warnings about outstanding tasks will be on your landing page. Log in often and look out for instructions and warning messages to complete your registration and throughout your fellowship year.

For first year fellows, you will only have to fill out an attestation on POWER.

Once you’ve obtained your Vulnerable Sector Screening record, mask fitting, and e-learning module certificate of completion, you can upload these documents at this link. You also have the option of uploading a void cheque for payment (next step).

Once all your documents are received, you can proceed with payment. Note that you will be blocked from fully registering if there are any documents missing. You can pay online or in person; however, the PGME does not accept payment in cash.

Save and/or print your confirmation of registration as it will be required for your registration at UHN and Mount Sinai.

You will need a social insurance number (SIN) to be able to work and be paid in Canada. This step can be done at any time once you’ve received your work permit; you can actually obtain it directly at the airport just after obtaining your work permit.

Please visit the Service Canada website for more information. The nearest Service Canada Centre to the hospitals is located at Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Floor 1 (the new City Hall).

You will obtain your SIN immediately and the plastic card in a few weeks. You do not need the card to start working.


Once your registration with CPSO and PGME is complete, you will be able to finalize your registration with UHN/Mount Sinai. You will register with either UHN or Mount Sinai Hospital first, depending on where you will be located during your first rotation. Regardless of the site, you’ll need your confirmation of registration from the PGME.

Hospital registration is done through the hospitals’ Medical Education Office, not to be confused with U of T’s Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME).


To begin your UHN registration, set up a UMLearns account according to the directions at the link.

For instructions and troubleshooting, see the following documents:

Registration Instructions


Your UHN registration entails setting up a T-ID and a UHN email account, and completing mandatory e- learning and knowledge tests for Electronic Patient Records (EPR) Access and Epic. After passing the tests, you will be asked to complete the Course Completion Declaration and ID Verification forms.

Accurate completion of these forms is required for you to receive EPR access and must be done before starting clinical service. Failure to do so ahead of your start will result in your inability to provide clinical service. A confirmation email will be generated upon completion, and you should save or print this for your records.

Contact medicaleducation@uhn.ca if you require assistance. You should not need to present in person at the Medical Education Office, but it is open to assist you if needed. It is located on the ground floor of the Eaton Wing of Toronto General Hospital, immediately to the right when you enter from the Elizabeth Street entrance.

You’ll soon be able to obtain your badge, scrubs, and pager, for which you’ll find instructions on the next tab – First Days.

To register for your placement at Mount Sinai Hospital, you are required to use Sinai Health NirvSystem, not UMLearns. Registration on NirvSystem is by invitation only, i.e. to register you must first receive an invitation email from sinai.learner.education@nirvsystem.com which will be sent to you no earlier than three weeks before your rotation start date.

Complete the PowerChart training (not to be confused with PGME’s POWER). Follow this link to start your training, and see LMS eLearning Instructions for more information.

If you need further assistance, the Medical Education Office at Mt Sinai is located on the 3rd floor, 60 Murray Street (Main Floor Map). You will be able to obtain your badge and access once you’ve registered.

Pre-Registration Instructions MSH

Education Instructions for MSH Fellows – Residents 


To set up payroll, you will need to register with Human Resources at UHN (even if you are starting at Mount Sinai).

You will receive a link to a registration package for HR. Please note this will not occur before your official start date (as stated on your letter of offer), nor before all PGME and hospital registration steps outlined above are fully complete. After filling out the forms in the package, you will return it to HR by email according to the instructions provided.

Please contact their helpdesk at (416) 340 5995 should you have any question.

Below you’ll find the UHN New Employee Documentation booklet and the New Employee Handbook with useful tips on the hospital organization and registration:


Please arrange to meet the education lead at the site where you will start. Note that for health, safety, and confidentiality, you will not be able to attend rounds before your start unless you organize an observership (which we strongly recommend).





After registration with Medical Education at Mt. Sinai, you can obtain your badge from security located on the main floor close to the Murray Street entrance (Main Floor Map). More info about MSH badges here.

To obtain your scrubs, fill out the following Scrubs requisition form, and pay a refundable deposit at the cashier

UHN Cashier’s Office, M-F: TGH 8:30am – 12:00pm & 1:00-4:00 pm)
Refundable Deposits required: $55 Lab Coat and 1 Scrub Set. Other options available).
Located in the Lobby of the Peter Munk Building (on the Left of Starbucks) (TGH Floor Map)

Once you’ve paid, go to the basement, but use the SERVICE EATON ELEVATORS (Do not take any other elevators otherwise you will get lost), from the ground floor where Medical education is located. Note that those elevators are not indicated on the map but they are located just beyond the gift shop [on the left] on the way to the food court. You may also set up your uniforms with the PCC at TGH to have access to the scrub machine on the ground floor in front of the service elevators.

Scrub Suit Pick Up and exchange  TGH – Eaton Wing South, Basement, Rm. 408 M-F 8:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm 

This is also where you can get your ID badge (they alternate between TGH and TWH, so you may have to go to TWH if you need your badge immediately.
TGH Mondays, Tuesdays, & Wednesdays ONLY

To exchange your scrubs go to the same place where you picked them up. Open M-F from 0630-1600h (closed at Midday)

To obtain your scrubs, pay a refundable deposit (Refundable Deposits required $55 Lab Coat and 1 Scrub Set. Other options available) at the cashier located near the Leonard entrance close to Second cup (TWH Floor Map)

UHN Cashier’s Office, M-F: TWH 8:05am-2:30pm,  TWH – McLaughlin Wing, First Floor, Rm. 412

To obtain your photo ID, go to Fell Pavilion, 1st floor, Rm 511-Opposite Main Information Desk 7:30am-3:30pm. Thursdays and Fridays ONLY.

To exchange your scrubs: Room 2M408, on the 2nd floor of the McLaughlin wing – one floor up on the centre elevators which are behind Admitting. Open from 08-0900h and 1445-1545h.

UHN registration instructions and information

How to complete your eLearning modules   


PG Registration FAQ Revised Dec 2021

UHN Registration Instructions 2021-2022 New

Uniform req – medical education requisition forms

Coral Viewer (review of radiologic images outside of EPR)

Coral Web Viewer is available for learners with active EPR accounts. To log in they will need to input their EPR user ID and initial password is ‘password’. Help Desk at 416-340-4357 will be able to help with any technical difficulties

Syngo (Echocardiographic studies)

Once you receive your t-ID, please contact Susan Tarnawski to create a NARF to have access to Syngo. You will then have to proceed with a quick training to learn how to navigate the system

The call schedule and duties allocation are released 2 weeks before the start of the block. Any vacation request/ Not on call request should be received at the latest 4 weeks before the requested date and before the call schedule is released


You will be permitted 4 weeks of paid leave and 1 week of education leave.  One week comprises of 5 working days and 2 weekend days.  In addition to this, you will have 5 days during the Christmas or New Year period and statutory holidays.

You will need to formally request approval for leave for the specific weeks at least 1 month in advance.

Should you work on a recognized statutory holiday, you are entitled to a paid day off in lieu of the holiday to be taken at a time mutually convenient within ninety (90) days of the holiday worked.

List of statutory Holidays in Canada and see PARO agreement section: Statutory Holidays.


All requests must be approved by the Education Site Director of your hospital.

To submit a vacation request please submit the following form IDCCM-Vacation-Request-Form and send it to the Education Coordinator of the site where you will be for the time requested. All requests are pending approval of the education coordinator, therefore do not make any firm commitments until you’ve received written confirmation that your request has been approved.

You are expected to formally request vacation even when you are on academic/elective time

You may soon realize as you start rounding in your respective units, a good command of English may not be enough. Here is a survival list of useful medical acronyms and abbreviations.

We highly recommend that you learn this list before you start.

Please visit the UofT site to activate your University of Toronto student ID, or UTORid. This will allow you to access articles and books via the University of Toronto Library network, enjoy the university’s sports facilities, and benefit from student discounts among many other services. With an activated UTORid, you can obtain a physical student ID card, a TCard. The TCard office is located at the U of T Bookstore, 214 College St. West. Be sure to check these further instructions including what documentation you’ll be required to bring as an international fellow.

You will also be able to link Pubmed directly to your UTORid by visiting the Gerstein Library Website and following the link Pubmed @ UofT.


Fellows based at UHN sites can log in to the protected Wi-Fi network UHNwirelesscorporate with their t-UHN number and password.

Mount Sinai
The public Wi-Fi network MSHguest is available for all staff and visitors.

Several organizations and businesses have partnered with UHN and offer discounts to its employees. A full list can be found on UHN’s Employee Tools > Employee Discounts/Group Rates page, which you can explore once you start and have access to UHN’s intranet.

If you are shopping for a new phone plan on your arrival in Toronto, be sure to check the special UHN employee rates offered by telecom companies like Rogers and Telus first.

There is a wide range of other services offering discounts. Be sure to check them out!

To transit through Toronto you can either use the

  • TTC (Toronto Transit Commission): you can either purchase individual tokens, weekly or monthly passes or use a PRESTO card.
  • Bike share  (That you can use if you have a PRESTO Card)
  • walk

From TGH to and from TWH, there is a shuttle available departing from TGH (University Avenue entrance, in front of Starbucks Lobby) every 15 min on the hour. From TWH the shuttle departs from Leonard Street entrance (by Second Cup)

To go to Sunnybrook, a shuttle departs from Womens’ College 76 Grenville street. The shuttle leaves every half hours (schedule accessible inside Women’s college and the intranet from Sunnybrook) See their website

As you start your fellowship you will have to fulfill the PEAP requirements, meaning that we will evaluate you for up to 3 months. Should you not pass the PEAP, you will not be able to continue your fellowship.

Note: You will have done this already as long as the waiting period is being waived. If you applied for and received OHIP coverage when you arrived, you may stop reading this section and skip this step. 

When you arrived and registered with the PGME, you would have received UHIP and applied at the same time for OHIP. After 3 months, you will be eligible to receive OHIP.

To obtain your OHIP, visit their website for instructions. Note that only the location on Bay street (College Park) will be able to process your application if you are on a work permit)

You will need a completed Registration for Ontario Health Insurance Coverage form and the following 3 original documents:

    • one that proves your Canadian citizenship or OHIP-eligible immigration status (e.g. Canadian birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, Work permit)
    • one that proves you live in Ontario (e.g. Ontario Driver’s Licence, income tax assessment, letter from the program testifying that you reside and work in Canada)
    • one that supports your identity (e.g. credit card, passport from any country)

When registering with Human resources, you will choose a benefit package. Some of your health related expenses will be covered by those. You can have access to this information on your Employee Self Service account (Access the Employee Self Service tool with you t number and password. Only accessible from a computer within the hospital using Internet Explorer. Within the intranet, go to Employee tools> Employee Self Service)

Should you have a needle injury, an injury that may require modify duties, or need to redo your TB testing, you can go to Occupational Health. See list attached.Occupational health.Note that they will only be able to do a quick assessment, as they do not have a physician on site.

Note that you are only allowed to drive in Canada with a foreign driver’s license for a period of 60 days. After that you will have to obtain a Ontarian License from any Service Ontario office. More information here.

You will be permitted 4 weeks of paid leave and 1 week of education leave.  One week comprises of 5 working days and 2 weekend days.  In addition to this, you will have 5 days during the Christmas or New Year period and statutory holidays.

You will need to formally request approval for leave for the specific weeks at least 1 month in advance.

For 2022: Christmas Block Dec 22nd to Dec 26th / New year’s Block: Dec 28th  to Jan 1st, 2023. All fellows are expected to be present on Dec 27th.

Should you work on a recognized statutory holiday, you are entitled to a paid day off in lieu of the holiday to be taken at a time mutually convenient within ninety (90) days of the holiday worked.

List of statutory Holidays in Canada and see PARO agreement section: Statutory Holidays.


All requests must be approved by the Education Site Director of your hospital.

To submit a vacation request please submit the following form Vacation Request Form and send it to Kasia and to the Education Coordinator of the site where you will be for the time requested. All requests are pending approval of the education coordinator, therefore do not make any firm commitments until you’ve received written confirmation that your request has been approved.

You are expected to formally request vacation even when you are on academic/elective time

PARO rules

On calls, vacation, parental and pregnancy leave as well as clinical duties are regulated by the PARO rules. Please visit their website for more information.

Should you exceed the maximum number of calls for any given block, additional calls will be remunerated. Please fill out a stipend form and submit it to Susan.tarnawski@uhn.ca . For Mac users, please ensure that the form is filled in properly before sending it, as it may appear blank upon reception

Call Stipend Form

The Department provides financial support for fellows to attend international meetings to present on behalf of the University. In terms of the amount available to each fellow it is neither specific nor inexhaustible. In the past we have funded up to $1500 towards registration, travel, and subsistence.

Each request will be considered individually and support documents will be expected

Please find here enclosed information regarding tax filing.

Taxes information and deadlines can be found on the Canadian Revenue Agency site

Your T4/T4A is available from the intranet Employee Self Service (available end of February/beginning of March. Access the Employee Self Service tool with you t number and password. Only accessible from a computer within the hospital using Internet Explorer. Within the intranet, go to Employee tools> Employee Self Service) and you can find the form T2202A for the University on your Power account, under Tax forms. 

Keep all bills related to rent, professional expenses and proof of taxes paid from your home country, as those may be deducible.

Possible deductions may include but are not limited to

    • Registration fees, PGME, CMPA, CPSO
  • Conference and examination registration not covered by the program (separate form approved by the program will be requested [form available on the CRA website or available at your tax filing agency])

H and R block offers tax filing for about 30 dollars for fellows for simple tax return (you may have to pay slightly more in case of more complex tax filing (around 150 dollars))

To request a specific elective, please discuss with our Program Director as soon as possible to allow sufficient time for arrangement.

Starting in a new country, new system can be a stressful experience, do not hesitate to contact us should you need any support. Our spiritual care providers are also available for support. You can also visit the website the Wellness Centre of the University of Toronto.

Should you be willing to make an appointment with someone at the wellness centre you can do so through their coordinator Diana Nuss at pgwellness@utoronto.ca or call 1 (416) 946 3074.

You have access to the University of Toronto Sport facilities located around the campus. Amongst them you have access to the Goldring centre located at 100 Devonshire Place, Toronto ON M5S 2C9 and the Athletic center located at55 Harbord St., Toronto, ON M5S 2W6.

Visit their website for more information.


For those interested in extending their fellowship for a longer period of time, please let the education leads know your interest as soon as possible, as your application will be reviewed at the time of selection for first year fellows.

Should you prolong your fellowship for a year or more, you will have to renew your CPSO License, Work Permit, CMPA and PGME registration

Should you prolong your fellowship, you will have to follow the same process for your work permit once you’ve obtained your letter of Appointment. Make sue to allow enough time to obtain your work permit in a timely fashion.

Online application is the best way to obtain your work permit

You will also have to renew your CPSO license. The application package is slightly lighter than on first application but will still require most of the documents. A package application will be sent out to you once the PGME would have confirmed your reappointment. However, please check with them that they received your letter of Appointment and that your application is being processed.

You can prolong your CMPA coverage online by going to your member area.

For your second and subsequent year you will be required to obtain a vulnerable sector check. You can find the form and more information on POWER. Note that the form needs to be printed on a legal size paperVisit the Toronto Police centre (the closest one is located at 40 college Street West) to obtain your VSS. Note that it takes at least a week to be obtained. An accelerated process can be obtained for additional cost.

Your TB immunisation will have to be renewed as well. The others will depend on the last time you had your immunisation checked. The PGME usually contacts you regarding these matters.

Print the form that can be found on POWER and visit an occupational health centre, and then upload the document to your POWER.

Mask Fitting is only required every other year. Should you have to renew it, it will appear as pending on your POWER profile.

You will have to complete the E learning modules on POWER similarly as the first year.

Once all the aforementioned requirements would have been fulfilled and entered on POWER, you will be able to proceed with registration.

Your health card, SIN card will have to be renewed as well. Please follow the same steps as the first year.

Should you be late to renew your work permit. Please contact Samantha Chin. She can advise you on how to proceed to obtain your work permit faster

To renew your registration with UHN and Mount Sinai Please follow the same steps as the first year. You will not have to redo the EPR/Power chart training, but your EPR account will have to be reactivated upon reception of confirmation of registration with PGME.

Do not forget to visit UMLearns and update your information, before visiting the Medical Education office. Remember that you will still have to register at both UHN and Mt Sinai.


If you are a fellow from an external institution joining us for a one-block elective, you’ll need to register with both the University of Toronto and the hospital before starting your elective block. Many aspects of the registration process are similar to those undertaken by our fellows who stay with us for a full year; however, some steps vary. For example, you will likely have your CPSO and CMPA memberships and certificates already in place but may have to update your status with them as a University of Toronto fellow in the Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care Medicine.

Step 1: Arrange your Elective Block with your Home Institution and UHN

After having your elective arranged through your home university/hospital supervisor and the elective supervisor at UHN/MSH, you’ll want to begin the registration process well ahead of your elective start date. Allow a minimum of 6-8 weeks to get set up.

You’ll be put in touch with our education coordinator, Kasia Briegmann-Samson, who will arrange to have your required documents sent to the University of Toronto’s Post Graduate Medical Education Office (PGME). This is the first step that will initiate the registration process.

Step 2: Register with the University of Toronto’s PGME

Once the appropriate paperwork is submitted, trainees are contacted by PGME and given access to registration instructions on POWER (the online portal for POstgraduate Web Evaluation and Registration) that guide them through the registration process. Please read these instructions thoroughly as there are many steps that need to be completed, including submitting immunization records, completing training modules, and signing a Letter of Appointment which will be issued to you through your POWER account.

POWER enables you to see messages in the initial view section, which is the landing page when trainees log on to POWER. Here, you’ll find warning messages of what is outstanding for your registration to help you stay on task and meet deadlines.

Step 3: Complete your Hospital Registration

Next, you’ll need to register with the hospital where you will be doing your rotation. You’ll be using the UHN learner system, UMLearns, if you’re at a UHN site (TGH or TWH). For Mount Sinai Hospital, you will receive an invitation to register on their Sinai Health NirvSystem. Note you must already have completed your PGME registration before registering with the hospital for your placement. You’ll complete additional training modules on UMLearns, including train to use the electronic patient record system, and obtain a UHN email address and ID badge. The Medical Education Office staff at Toronto General Hospital are also available to help you by email, phone, or in person to complete your registration at the hospital. Visit the Medical Education Office on the ground floor of Toronto General Hospital, to the right when you enter through the Elizabeth Street entrance.

Once you have completed all the steps described above, you’ll be ready to begin your elective as a clinical fellow at UHN/Mount Sinai.


Education Leads

Dr. Mika Hamilton
Fellowship Program Director
Toronto Western Hospital

Dr. Christie Lee
Site Lead
Mount Sinai Hospital

Dr. Ghislaine Douflé
Education Lead
Toronto General Hospital

Dr. Ian Randall
Education Lead
Toronto Western Hospital


Should you have any queries related to the Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program, please contact our

Program Director, Dr. Mika Hamilton, mika.hamilton2@uhn.ca, or

Program Coordinator, Kasia Briegmann-Samson, kasia.briegmann-samson@uhn.ca


This brochure has been created by previous fellows to share our experiences and help you get ready for starting your fellowship. Please be aware this is based on our personal experience and that you should always ask the program coordinator or staff if you have any questions.

We hope you find it useful!

Map of Toronto

Key locations to get started. Click on the pins to find out more about a specific location.




© 2023 Critical Care Medicine | University Health Network & Mount Sinai Hospital.